Lapostolle Cuvee Alexandre Pinot Noir
Lapostolle Cuvee Alexandre Pinot Noir 2015 [75cl] Chile Bright red ruby color. Elegant, with black and red fruit aromas such as plums, blackberry and flowers. Very nice freshness and complexity. Fresh plums and blackberry flavors and long finish. “A true expression of the most difficult grape to work with at the vineyard and at the winery. With limited production, its delicate perfume and elegance make of our Cuvée Alexandre Pinot Noir a charming wine”. This year 91% of the grapes had bunch selection and optic selection made by Vistalys, the remaining 9% had carbonic maceration to preserve the fruity character of the wine. The fermentation was 100% made by native yeast. 91% of the wine was aged for 13 months in new, second and third use French oak, the remaining 9% was aged in steel tanks. The result is a delicate and fresh Pinot Noir with a subtle and well-integrated oak. 91% of the wine was aged in French oak for 13 months. 9% was aged in steel tanks. 27% in new French oak barrels, 12% second use and 52% in third use oak. Coopers: Saury, Baron, Radoux, SMF, Sylvain, Taransaud. Mostly medium toast.